Installing Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack
Microsoft has added new file formats to Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint 2007 (Microsoft Office 2007) to reduce file size, improve security and reliability, and enhance integration with external sources. In order to open Office 2007 files on a computer that does not have Office 2007, Microsoft has developed a Compatibility Pack for the Office Word, Office Excel, and Office PowerPoint 2007 File Formats. Instructions for installing the Compatibility Pack are listed below.
1. Download the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack by clicking the Download button above and saving the file to your desktop.
2. Double-click the FileFormatConverters.exe program file on your desktop to start the setup program.
3. Check Click here to accept the Microsoft Software License Terms. Click Continue.
4. A status bar will indicate status of installation.
5. When the installation is finished, click OK.