About | Board Members | Facebook | Constitution | History | Comment Card
Anime Party Constitution
Club Description and Purpose
The purpose of the Anime Party is to expand awareness of cultural diversity through the appreciation of various types of media, such as film, graphic novels, books, music, games, etc. To fulfill this purpose, club participation will privately review media for discussion at club meetings.
As a recognized student organization on the Southeast Missouri State University campus, we adhere to the policies and guidelines set forth by the university.Anti-Hazing Policy
Hazing for the purpose of pledging, initiation, admission into, affiliation with, or as a condition for maintaining membership in a group, organization or team is prohibited. Hazing is defined as any intentional, knowing or reckless act, whether on or off campus, which endangers the mental or physical health of safety of any person, regardless of consent, or which violates public law or University policy. Hazing includes, but is not limited to:
- any physical brutality such as whipping, beating, striking, paddling, branding, placing of a harmful substance on the body or, or similar activity;
- any physical activity such as sleep deprivation, exposure to the elements, confinement, calisthenics, or other activity that subjects a student to risk of harm, or that adversely affects the mental or physical health or safety of a student;
- any activity involving consumption of food, liquid, alcoholic beverage, drug, or substances that subjects a student to risk of harm, or that adversely affects the mental or physical health or safety of the student;
- any activity that intimidates or threatens a student with ostracism, subjects a student to extreme mental stress, shame or humiliation, or adversely affects the mental health or dignity of a student, or that may reasonably be expected to cause a student to leave the organization or institution rather than submit to the acts described above;
- any activity in which a person solicits, plans, encourages, directs, aids, or attempts to aid another in hazing or intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly permits hazing to occur and/or knowingly fails to report the incident.
Membership to the club is granted when the participant has paid the dues for that semester. Before dues are accepted form a potential member, however, membership can be denied by a majority vote of the active board if deemed necessary. Membership can be revoked from a member in cases when a member’s behavior reflects negatively upon the club and its members, with a majority vote of the active board. Prospective members are expected to meet the following University Studies Objectives:
- Demonstrate the ability to locate and gather information
- Demonstrate capabilities for critical thinking, reasoning, analyzing.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of human experiences and the ability to relate them to the present.
- Demonstrate an understanding of various cultures and their interrelationships.
- Demonstrate the ability to integrate the breadth and diversity of knowledge and experience.
- Demonstrate the ability to make informed, intelligent value decisions.
- Demonstrate the ability to function responsibly in one’s natural, social, and political environment.
Nonmembers are any club participants who have not paid their dues for the given semester. Nonmembers are allowed to sit in on meetings and view the media presented; however, they are not allowed to vote upon media*, any club policies or business, and cannot participate in contests.Members
Members are any club participants who have paid their dues for the given semester. Members can join meetings, partake in media, vote on any media or club business, and can participate in contests.Founders
The following are the founders of Anime Party:
- Matt Basch
- Len Berry
- John Bielik
- Dan Campisi
- Angie Danson
- Eli Flowers
- Mike Klein
At the beginning of each year, a dues policy must be made and agreed upon unanimously by the current board. This policy must be adhered to for the remainder of the school year and is not subject to change.
At the beginning of each semester, a general meeting schedule shall be proposed and voted on by the current acting board. In order for the vote to pass, there must be a majority vote in agreement.
New offices shall be nominated within three weeks by the end of school year and voted upon no later than the last week of the last week of the year. Nominees must have been members for at least one entire semester. In the event an office becomes vacant, nominations and a vote can be held at any time to fill the position. No member can hold more than one position on the board. All board positions have a secondary position associated with them which falls under the jurisdiction of that board member. These responsibilities can be shared with other board members and “committees” of members can be organized to aid in their accomplishment.President/Historian
The president is responsible for enforcing order within the club as well as maintaining an active record/knowledge of Anime Party policy, business, and history.Vice-President/Public Relations
The vice-president acts as an aid to the president as well as a stand-in if president is not available. The position is also responsible for maintaining contact with the university, advisor, other groups and any other communication necessary. They are also responsible for event planning.Secretary/Advertising
The secretary will keep a record of the minutes and events for each meeting. He or she is also responsible for club publicity, advertising, and keeping an agenda of events/business for the club.Treasurer/Fundraising
The treasurer is responsible for any club money and for keeping a detailed record of all collections and expenditures. In the necessity of a fundraising activity, they are also responsible for planning, maintaining, and set-up.Webmaster
The webmaster is responsible for the virtual upkeep and presentation of the Anime Party website and any online contact made with the club. This position is granted to a member by the current president of the board. Being the only exception, in the event that no member at all wishes to take on this position, a current board member can tentatively take on this position or allow the website to lapse.
This constitution is a living document and may only be changed through amendments, leaving the document as a whole intact. Constitutional amendments must be approved by majority vote of the membership on order to be added to the constitution. The only situation in which this constitution can be undone and entirely rewritten/revised is by a unanimous vote of the current board and a majority vote of the members.